View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 10:54 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Reels - Cheeky Fly Fishing

Call me boring but the colors just aren't for me. I am not opposed to colored fly reels by any means, just that those ones have no appeal.

Burke, to answer your question, for the price point there are plenty of other great options both sourced off shore and made in the USA that I'd opt for over these ones, regardless of performance. For that kind of outlay, I want to know that a company will be around to honor warranty/repair/replacement, etc. Hardy, Abel, Galvan, Ross, Orvis, Lamson all come to mind. The spool design looks oddly similar to the Hardy Ultralight series to me and the frame looks like a less machined Loop Opti series. Have not handled the Hardy Ultralight series, but they really look sharp and certainly have racked up the accolades. I'll give the guys credit for doing something new and different, but not for me.