View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Fishing Around Colorado Springs?

The dream stream is on the South Platte near Hartsel. Its the section of river between SPinney and Elevenmile reservoirs. You'll wanna ask some locals about which actual roads to take to get to the parking area for it, as I don't recall the exact ones to take.

I can say this though, when you get to the parking area, you will think we are mischevious buggers who have led you to a flat valley with no good fishing nearby. Then look around at all the cars and realize that they all must have come to this wasteland for some reason. Make the saunter-hike to the river and then become thankful that your friends on the NAFFF have sent you to basically the finest trout habitat you have ever seen, that also happens to be loaded with trout you've had exciting dreams about. (not THAT kind of exciting, but you know what i mean) You should expect to have some wind to contend with, but its worth it.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.