View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 01:05 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yeah It's Heavy but Man Does It Ever Cast!

Just a personal observation, but a 75' head on a sub-14 foot rod sounds pretty long (with all those grains going). But, the key thing is you didn't mention (I've missed ) what the 'rod line weight' designation may be for the Hardy.

DO THE CARRON!!**Kidding aside, for 'long headed lines' I've yet to cast one that was better. They're the only 'long headed line' I use anymore. The 'short stuff' is a mix of RIO and Steve Gotshall's custom cuts. The first are 'off the shelf,' the second is an individual line cut/crafted for a specific rod/casting style.

You and I may have exactly the same rod, but doubtful the line we'd get from Steve would be the same (grains/length/etc).

** Hint The Carron Casting team didn't win all those awards by Ax-E-dent.

Edit: Send some of that cooler/wet weather my way down here in Southern Oregon. Mid week we were in the high 90's, one day hit 100.

Last edited by fredaevans; 09-16-2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Forgot to add/nasty spelling error .. My Bad on that.