View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yeah It's Heavy but Man Does It Ever Cast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Hi Larry,

The really cool thing is, there is no back cast. Zero, nada, none........... You can shoot a fly 80' out onto a river with a high bank and brush right behind you. It is more relaxing than hauling line overhead all day. With the amount of time it takes between casts and the fact that you don't do overhead casting, the weight (a tad over 2 pounds for rod, reel, line, and backing) is not really an issue. You just kiinda cradle the rod in the crook of your right arm while you fish out the cast and when you have to reposition the fly, you use both hands. Pretty cool stuff,

Ard[COLOR="Silver"]
Ard: It certainly looks like a lot of fun on the videos that I have watched, one of these days I have got to give it a try. I definitely like the idea that you don't have to have any space for a backcast, lots of places down here that I could put that to use.

Larry