View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 11:42 PM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future
Default Re: saltwater kayak angler thread

This is a good new thread glad you started it Grass. Saltwater kayaking has really come into it's own and the new yaks are loaded for bear. I tried one of the Hobie pro anglers and for once I really felt comfortable in a kayak.
Just like to mention something I saw tonite sitting on the beach after a fruitless night of casting for stripers. It was an hour after sundown and a dull colored yak was making it's way back to the beach. It was a calm and clear night and I could see the yak heading in from 100 yds out. The sound was as empty as the beach no wind no waves and the silence was awesome. Then I heard the sounds of twin engines coming out from the harbor side to my left. here comes this 20 ft Grady White with one running light heading right for the lightless yak. He must have spotted him but at the last minute cause from my view from the beach he should have hit him. The guy in the yak was real lucky and that made me think of how many times on this same beach that I've seen kayaks coming in at night with not so much as even a flashlight. Hope all you seakayakers are better prepared than these guys are. You need lights at night to stay alive out there. And that goes for skishers as well!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser