View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 01:39 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yeah It's Heavy but Man Does It Ever Cast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
Then I figured out why I like heavier rods over the light stuff, a heavy rod has the mass to almost load itself and I'd bet if you were to exaggerate your back stroke when forming the D-loop that rod will fire the 775 like it was shot from a gun. The only downside is you will need alot more room to form the D-loop.
I had never considered the "a heavy rod has the mass to almost load itself" thing before, but it makes sense. I wonder if that makes it easier to learn with a big rod than a small one? I would think so.

As for the casting shootout with Ard, is it OK if I cheat and bring the 17' 11 wt.? I has one of hose "no Ax-e-dent" Carron lines spooled up and ready to go. Yeeeehaaa!