View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 08:42 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Presidential Hopefuls Talk Fishing

I expect any skilled politician to pander to his/her audience. Reading the questions and responses in their entirety non-the-less, my sense is that, while both candidates indicate an intention of incorporating the views of fishing organizations into their policy making process, the President emphasises the application of science to protect resources while the Governor promotes the elimination of red tape, to bolster local economies and reduce governmental size by downsizing regulatory agencies.

When developers start making preservation of wildlife/fish habitat a priority in land use, I'll start re-evaluating my belief that only stringent regulations can begin to protect our shorelines and river banks from devastating abuse. Clearly, neither men are anglers but the President expressed an interest in "catching a tarpon". This will not be the only reason though that I will vote for him.