View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: A Clear & Present Threat To Salmon;

Hi Paul,

At this time, (Friday 9/21/2012, 10:00 AM) there is flooding from where I live outside Wasilla as far north and west as Paxson / Valdez, and going in the other direction to Seward, Cordova, and the entire Kenai River drainage. A very large area of South Central, and I have left many places off the list. the town of Talkeetna is evacuating the east side as the Talkeetna River is creeping into the town and surrounding homes and businesses to our north. The sun is shining through the loft window into my eyes as I write but this is the first break in the heavy rains since last Thursday evening, a little over 7 days of deluge.

My own plans (since I will not be fishing) are to wait for the rivers to recede and then launch the boat taking with, a nice long handled steelhead size net with rubber bag and my seine net for fry & parr size fish. I am only one man but will find every one of the fish that I can on my home river returning them to the main channel.

I'll have the new little pocket camera with and will post pictures when this begins.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;