View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 09:11 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: saltwater kayak angler thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
The guy in the yak was real lucky and that made me think of how many times on this same beach that I've seen kayaks coming in at night with not so much as even a flashlight. Hope all you seakayakers are better prepared than these guys are. You need lights at night to stay alive out there.
The law says that if you're out after dark you need a 360* light visible from 1/2 mile... or something like that.
You can get a battery operated clamp-on light on a post, but they can get in the way when you're fly casting.
An easier solution is to make a reflector for your head lamp out of a small plastic souffle cup with a bit of tin foil to line the bottom. Tape the cup to your head lamp and then wear it pointing up, on top of your head.
I know that sounds ridiculous, but no one is going notice... it's dark.