View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 08:15 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default What color would you do?

Maybe some of you remember I painted my Sage reel burnt orange. Its time for another painting project. I have Sage CF reel and the spool is butt ugly. Its this blah blackish gray carbon fiberish turd. i tried once to spice it up with some color shifting green paint. Well i grow tired of it and it doesnt look how I wished. So its off to the paint booth, this time is going to come out troutie. However, my reel stump is what trout I should paint.

First thought was rainbow, since We have them in MO, its mainly what i catch and the rod its normally on is a Sage TCX so its bright green.

Second thought was brown, since the brown trout pattern is pretty cool it always looks good on the reel. I catch them now and then here and the yellow/brown would be a nice contrast with the green blank.

Last is brook trout. how can you not like the way those fish look? They are awesome looking and that pattern would be sweet on the reel with a nice green blank. Buuut we dont have them in MO and itd be on a 5wt, over kill for them.

So which one should I pick? Im at a cross road here, I dont know which pattern to do. So tell me your thoughts, i will produce something glorious.

Storm Drain Bonefisher