View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 10:34 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Okuma Integrity fly reel question

Kel, I know from my own experience that most dealers on Ebay are honest, but is it possible the reel you have may been previously taken apart & a material such as Loc-Tite used for re-assembly?

I've bought several reels, fly reels, baitcasters & spinning reels, from Ebay sellers, both private & business sellers, and have gotten a few that were returns or dealer sample/display models. As far as I know, all were described as such.

Have not had any issues, but would not rule out the possibility that any of the reels I've purchased as "new" were not as they came from the factory. You just don't know.

I've also become quite a fan of Okuma reels. I own several Integrity's & Sierra's and for the price & what I use them for, they're a well made product & a very good value IMO. I have used some of the Integrity reels in brackish water, but not true salt, so have yet to see the need to take them completely apart. I also use a product on my reels called Salt-X which does a great job of removing any salt that may be there. No problems as yet.

Okuma has become a sponsor on a bass fishing site I visit frequently, and some of their people post there frequently. Seem to be very knowledgeable about their products, and fishing, plus very concerned about their customers, potential customers & the service they provide.

Kel, as a last resort, you may consider removing the line & sending the reel to Okuma to see what they can do with it.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!