View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drift Boat Forums

TnTom

I know what you mean. I bought a used Hog Island drift boat last spring and there isn't much written information on drift boats out there. Both Clacka and Hyde have DVD's out on how to handle a drift boat and Hyde offers a training program and there are several fly shops that offer training programs, but most that I found were in the OR area. I bought the Hyde DVD on EBay and the local fly shop loaned me their copy of the Clacka DVD. There are also a few forum members who have rowed drift boats for years. Last spring Davo (a forum member who guides out of Jackson Hole, WY) offered to help me with some rowing techniques by doing a drift on the upper Green River near Pinedale, WY.

Tell us what your questions are, I will try to offer some advice and the others on here that are way more knowledgable than me may also jump in and offer advice.

Larry