View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default The Waters Are Receding;

I have not bothered to go driving to see our flooded rivers here in the valley. Our local Public Radio station has done a respectable job of covering the rise and now the fall of flood waters in the area so I left the truck set and saved my fuel for the coming week.

This mornings report stated that the Talkeetna River had dropped 7 feet and was no longer a threat to the little tourist town of Talkeetna. The Big Su has not yet made its crest nor has the Yetna River. These 2 rivers are huge when not flooded and the current conditions will have them at a flow level that would be frightening to get near.

In a few more days I'll go looking for boat launches that have not been damaged and put in for a go & see trip.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;