View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 08:17 PM

comeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud of
Default Re: Brass vs Tungsten or both

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Your welcome!

Just think about it for a minute, when was the last time you actually used a dozen flies of one style while out on the water. Lately I have been working with my girlfriend and her sister and a few others, all new to fly fishing......they all lose flies at an alarming rate, but still I never need a dozen of any one fly.

Larry
Embarrased to admit it but I went through 8 Parachute Adams the other day in 4 hours. I catch a lot of trees in these small streams I like to fish and they tend to have a decent amount of deadfall in them strategically placed so as to snag me like clockwork.

I have had days where I lose none and other days where I loose tons....plan for the worst and hope for the best ( I also carry 4 spare leaders in 5,6,7x spare gink, spare tippet, spare nippers I've dropped plenty in the river).

Anyone know a good therapist, I apparently have an issue with preparedness. My wife calls it anal retentive, I prefer to think of it as thorough preparedness.