View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 10:54 AM

tie one on will become famous soon enoughtie one on will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Drift Boat Forums

Frank knows :-)

Yes, Frank knows I have a LHA Signature Hyde drift boat. I do take mine out a majority of the time by myself & I am 6'2" & weigh just shy of 230. I've never had a problem with this boat by myself. I have a 6HP Merc that takes me upstream & the boat has a Bow & Stearn anchor.

I did tons of research & reading on drift boats. In fact I was all ready to purchase a new Clackacraft, but the salesman changed the price on me at the last minute & I pulled out. It just so happens that there was a Hyde dealer on the way up to the college that two of my three daughters attended & I stopped there to see what they had on hand. They had a nearly new LHA Signature that a guy had bought loaded up to start a guide business, but it did not work for him & he returned the boat. The price was good & I bought that boat.

I had learned to row a aluminum boat when I was young & it did take some practice to handle the Hyde, but now it handles like a dream. It did help, as some others mentioned, to watch some video (DVD) of how to row, etc. Once you get the simple basics, handling the boat is not hard at all. If you have any questions I'd also suggest calling Hyde. I've sent them numerous e-mails asking questions & they have always been very helpful.

Just from my perspective/opinion : If I had to do it all over again, or trade up/sell my boat, I would not hesitate to go with another Hyde. I've had mine out when huge slab ice chunks were coming downstream at my boat & they bounced off. However, I did move the boat one time when one hit that spun the boat 360 degrees even with both anchors down. Safety still rules.

Hope this helps & keep asking questions that's what this Forum is all about !

Tie One On