View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Casting one to the Fenwick aficionados

Hi Toonah,

When it comes to reels, we use what we have or we use what we like. I'm not all about 30 year old reels, I have some new ones that are only about 10

The end of my Fenwick was a hard lesson learned. I had fished up around Hillsgrove PA. with a fellow one evening in 1977 I believe. He drove us there and he drove an old El Camino with one of those custom caps they had if you would spring for them. It was dark when we got back to his ride and it took until we were home (about 60 miles) and were unloading when I realized I had left my 8' six weight on the roof of the cap, broken down but not in the tube. I picked up the empty tube and knew right away what I had done.

yes, I made the 60 mile trip back only to find the rod in pulverized condition having been ran over several times. I replaced that rod with one of their HMG graphite rods in 5 weight and never could make the rod work right. Way too fast and not a good fit for me so in 1979 I got 65 dollars for it on trade for the Far & Fine I fish with today A sad tale for the Fenwick but a happy ending for me.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;