View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 09:33 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: Still a long ways off but getting closer everyday

I'm trying to stay o top of the pics but most of the stuff is just a mess and wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, plus once I get moving its hard to remember the camera.
I had plans to make the Gathering this year but my trip to NY fell through which turned out to be a Godsend as I found a great teacher so each weekend I pack it up and head down to Cumberland Valley for my class.
Down the road I'm certainly going to invest in the MHM or HPF once I can really get comfortable with the ole Stanly 9 1/2. Its really a subtle art, working the plane. Don't push down, let the weight of the plane make the cut, the proper way to sharpen the blade, and the sound a sharp blade makes when you get a good chip going. The best sound though is when you reach the point of the blade hitting the forms, that means your done!! Its slow going but this is like nothing I've ever done before so I just take my time with it and walk away when I get burned out or frustrated. I'm sure once I get one in the string the confidence will go up and the next one will go alot smoother.