View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 05:15 PM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: walleye fly fishing.

Hello Everyone,

I've never caught a walleye on a fly rod or a spin/baitcaster. Let's just say that I've never caught a walleye... Anyway, I'm also getting ready to head to Milford Lake in KS and will be doing some fishing. Last time I was there, I caught a bunch of white bass and hibrid bass. I was using the ariculated fly, Mike's Meal Ticket. I guess this is aimed at you, Diver Dan. What do I need to change up to get a walleye on the end of my fly line. Tackle: bite guard or just floro? I'm using a 7wt with rio sinktip (the 24ft 250grain). suggestions? Tactics? etc? I'll be there in two weeks.

You're very knowledgable on with your walleye information. I could totally take some of your tactics and even apply them to spincasting. I also have some lakes near me (I live in nortwestern MO, right next to the missouri river) that have walleye like mozingo lake, billby lake, and smithville lake.