View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 11:40 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What have you been tying today?

Well earlier this week as I was getting ready to walk out the door to head to the stream, I quick did a double check of my equipment. It had been a while since I had been out trout fishing. Well, everything was good to go, except my main fly box. I thought for sure it was in a my new gear bag... nope. Fly tying desk? No. In my waders, or one of my fly vests? Nothing. It obviously grew legs and walked away. So unfortunately, my last few days has been spent starting a new box essentially from scratch. What a bummer. Tying hares ears, pheasant tails, scuds, and brassies is work for November and December, NOT the last week of September. However, after a few solid hours of tying this week, I've finally managed to put together a respectable box that should last me through tomorrows day of trout fishing before I go chase musky in Northern Wisconsin.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

How many of you have ever lost a fly box?