View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 05:51 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Time To Talk About Some New Fly Swaps;

Thanks for re-starting this Ard. I participated in quite a few swaps that last year or so.

-On classifying beginner and advanced: I do not think that every swap should be classified, and here's why. I think that general swaps should mostly be about swapping flies for the fun of it. They are also really great practice tools for beginning and novice tyers because you have to tie a minimum of a dozen flies of a single pattern, swappers feel a bit of camaraderie and can ask for and readily receive advice, and in the end newer tyers get to see a bunch of different flies with some or many tied by really good tyers. That said, I think that a coordinator and/or a member can request that a swap be novice or advanced. Basically, I think it should be on a swap by swap basis.

Return postage: Mark always allowed people to send $2 along if they didn't want to include postage. I think it should be a rule that you include a self addressed envelope with the postage on it along with your flies. It just doesn't seem fair to the coordinator to have to go to the PO and stand in line and have to buy padded envelopes, get them weighed, buy the postage...etc. It is quite easy when you go to mail you flies to buy a second envelope with the same amount of postage and stick inside the other.

Containers: I think that would a tricky one to try to regulate.

Anyway, my thoughts on it. And a PM coming to you Ard...