View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Time To Talk About Some New Fly Swaps;

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_jolla1 View Post
On the UK site, the originator of the swap becomes the coordinator - but that would require a US-based initiator or coordinator. It would though really spread the burden around.
Here's a for instance; our swaps went off track in the past year. We have had some members host swaps that did a wonderful job of it in the past also. Now after both the good and the bad, we're going to try to re-organize things a bit.

What I'm going to say now is my own opinion and not anything else. If there is no control over how many swaps are running at once or who is responsible for coordinating those swaps............. I can see a possibility for problems. I believe where the swaps went off track was when we had a whole bunch going at the same time. Granted we had one guy trying to handle all of it but the shear number of swaps made it hard to follow. I think that if the forum is going to be a hosting site for these swaps, then we need to have some means of making sure things run smoothly.

Taking on the responsibility for receiving 144 flies from 12 different members around the country may sound like a fun thing to do (not to me) but it will be just that; a responsibility. I think it would be a good thing if we have a few members who are willing to do the collection and dispersal to let them do it and to develop a system that works.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;