View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 06:04 AM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: is my rod breaking/defective? or is this normal? pics included

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanl View Post
..............but if they tell me it needs to be fixed i will ship it to ORVIS to have it done professionally ,
i also wouldnt want to VOID warranty by trying to fix it myself, can warranty be VOID if one tries to fix it at home?
So you can wait and go to LA, give it to the Orvis shop, they'll probably send it back for you for free. Now you're out a rod for a few weeks.
OR, like most of us have said, fix it yourself. It's not rocket science, it's gluing on a butt cap to a fly rod. How is it going to VOID your warranty? And suppose you break a section. You send it back to Orvis. Do you really think they'll know, or even care if you glued the cap back on? It's one less problem they had to deal with.
But it's your rod. Do what you want.