View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 11:23 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: Time To Talk About Some New Fly Swaps;

a little more on the experienced vs in experienced swap as i think i may have started the whole debate.

My original point was this. 95% of swaps are for everyone. The 5% comes from a few swaps i suggested last year that involved classic style flies.
I suggested these swaps as i wanted to learn the techniques. The guys who came in on the swaps were aware i was a rookie and were willing to accept substandard flies from me.
These swaps were aslo a challenge for all involved i presume. Turns out one of the swaps never happen, the other i submitted flies for ( flies i would never submit today, now that i have more experience under my belt) but withdrew from through frustration with the swap format and lack of updates, as well as some other reasons i'll not get into.

At the end of the day, you have to decide what you are capable of, and whether, at your current tying experience, would you feel comfortable submitting flies to your highest standard and receiving flies of someone elses highest standard.

Some swaps are niche swaps - but the majority are for all. And the very nature of the swap is to swap, not to get the best examples of flies you would in an orvis store.

(p.s. the 'you' in this reply is directed at no particular individual, but rather at everyone)