View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do you guys feel about the moon?

I used to moon people much more often when I was younger but ....... Ohhhhh, the Moon.

The only thing it seems to do here is when the Emerald Shiners run the river in the Fall. Last Fall we discovered Walleye hitting them well out into the river on the surface. When there was a moon but cloud cover as well, they stayed on the surface. As soon as there was a hole in the clouds where the moon could light things, it drives MOST (not all) of the shiners down. Along with them go MOST (not all) of the Walleye. The moon drives Emerald Shiners down from the surface but not to the bottom. It makes getting the Walleye harder, so I am not a fan of the Moon being out.

I have heard a lot of talk about Moon phases as well. I don't buy it. I have seen just as much evidence it is complete nonsense as to it working. Besides, those tables and my time off do not coincide that well.