View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 07:07 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: First time tying Hen Saddle hackle....HELP!!!!

TB,

Thanks for the winter warrior idea, that looks great.

As for what you are saying of just try things, I actually did a hot wire prince with rubber centipede legs and scud back wing case epoxied in (copper john style) and it looks great. I also did a hot wire prince on a TMC2487 scud hook in 14 and use pheasant tails instead of biots on the back end and used opaque blue krystal flash for the wings instead of pheasant tails or soft hackle and it looks really cool.

As the guy at the shop told me the other day, you can try and tie something the fish have seen a million times or try to tie something they have never seen. Seemed like an interesting idea so I cant wait to get out and try some of these oddball's I have tied.