View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 05:34 AM

pete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Redfishing, a little help?

If I quit blind casting for redfish our catch would be 1/10th of what it is now. I don't mean casting aimlessly but just because you don't see them does not mean they are not there. What if they are in 28" of water and they are 20-24" long? They'd be there waiting to bite but you'd be leaving looking for tails.

I like the area just north of #10 where the channel splits. The confluence of the channels looks promising.

What were the tides? I prefer a falling tide but rising is good. Low tide blows, high tide is ok. But tide movement is critical. No movement is a waste of time.

Try very bright colors. I love chartruse, white, yellow, reds, flash, tinsel, et c. Brigher color lets you make the fly a bit sparser thus easier to cast on coastal winds. Less weight, not a heavy Clouser fan. You can then work fly slower.

Get out and wade. Kayaks, boats all cover too much water too quickly. Bear in mind that reds move constantly, if you are in a good area they will come to you.

Pete A.