View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 10:19 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Time To Talk About Some New Fly Swaps;

Something like a forum masters swap, where we pit Ard and Laurie and Gary and Eunan and Kelly and kbranch and wovenstonefly and others against each other (if I left you out there it's more because this was becoming a vicious run-on sentence...)? Sounds fun to watch

Sign me up for Level 1

As far as swaps go, I don't really care about the quality of flies I receive back. I tie flies for my own enjoyment and send them off with the hope that they will be successful for those individuals who receive them. All I ask is for the same thought processes in return, and I know that I have sent off some pretty haggard flies in the past. In fact, I'd love to see an element of the fly swaps related to on-the-water success, where people show (or tell) what fish they caught on flies that they received in a swap. I know that one of my best fish to date came on a wiggle-stone that Eunan tied, and I know that I was excited to pass on to a friend the fact that it was his caddis pattern that caught me the majority of my fish in Sweden.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Last edited by gatortransplant; 10-02-2012 at 10:53 AM.