View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 10:35 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: Time To Talk About Some New Fly Swaps;

wow wow wow wow wow,

lets not forget the swaps arent competitions.
Thanks for the compliment, but whos to say the beginner who ties a simple hares ear doesnt put in as much effort as i do on any fly i tie? everyone puts in the effort representing their skill level....just cause i've been tying 20 years, though only one year quite well, doesnt mean its any easier for me than the next guy....
not only that, but the purpose of swaps is for beginners or intermediate tyers to learn from advanced tyers too.

This is slighly off topic, but maybe there should be a mentorship section for beginners who want to learn some skills. Or a separate forum in the tying section for techniques and skills, where you can ask a question and get an answer either pictorial or verbal from a more advanced tyer
I just posted a quick SBS on hen hackle throats on another thread. i was happy to do it, it didnt take long - but the beginners need to ask questions about what they want to learn....

i will say this. Since i started tying classic flies, where proportions are more apparent than perhaps other flies, my tying has improved. I'd recommended everyone give it a go, if only to challenge youself to improve you skill set.

Last edited by s fontinalis; 10-02-2012 at 10:54 AM.