View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 12:56 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Time To Talk About Some New Fly Swaps;

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
There is a simple answer to all of this. Read the swap guidelines . Decide if the standards are up to your expectations. If you like what you see go for it. If not just don't swap . It's that easy! It's your choice . Otherwise this can be debated forever!
Yes, exactly. I motion that we end the debate, please. TTB, you're argument has been heard and it well taken. But I feel like the only solution is the one Boz has put forth. Set your own expectations and just have fun.

I see a lot of agreement across the board and would summarize as such:

1. General swaps should remain open to all. 1a. Swap coordinators should be willing to run specific swaps with for more advanced tyers as requested.

2. Ship your flies in whatever you want as long as you included the proper amount of return postage and/or envelope to hold container.
--(Have we resolved whether or not a SASE must be included or if cash is sufficient?)

3. Standard Deadline should be set at 4 weeks and posted in the opening post of the swap invite thread. Specific swaps can be longer as agreed my all swappers i.e. traditional Salmon Fly

4. Deadline is Firm. Swapmeister will sort and return flies to swappers that sent flies, within a 2-3 days of the deadline.

5. Swappers are encouraged to photograph their fly and post with a recipe, not required though.

Anything else??

"Half of the people can be part right all of the time, some of the people can be all right part of the time, but all of the people can't be all right all of the time...I think Abraham Lincoln said that..." Bob Dylan