Thread: Hatch Reels
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 02:04 PM

kwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to all
Default Re: Hatch Reels

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoscaPescador View Post
I had a talk with a guy from the Hatch office a few years back. The engineers at Hatch chose a certain density for the Rulon disks. They felt that it offered a wide range of drag adjustment. It also offered a very low start up inertia. It sacrificed some high end drag which became a complaint.

If a person is dead set on having a higher drag setting, he could send in the reel to have denser disks installed. This will offer more stopping power.

Personally, I think the drags are fine. I have tested Hatch reels on Steelhead, Tarpon, Dorado, Jack Crevalle, and Skipjack Tuna.

Dennis
What you say makes sense as it had a very wide range of drag, just lacked the high end I was looking for...

I like putting the boots to fish, don't really care if I straighten hooks sometimes or lose a fish here and there, easy come, easy go, fun to horse em!

Different strokes for different folks, the guy I sold my Hatch too, loved it...

I still have one of them, just never use it, maybe I will send it in and have it beefed up...