View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 03:25 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Switch Rod & Reel, need everything else......

Well thank you Sir. Have been at this a bit.

First 2hander (wood rod) was at age 10 or 12 and that thing beat the heck out of me ... until (squeekie voice?) "FISH ON!!" Back 60'ish years ago there was lots of that.

God that thought just took me back in the day.

Lived in Ocean Falls, BC and plenty of wood row boats (built at the lumber mill, only reason the place existed) and my Father would take my Cousin Pete (from London, UK and the Germans were bombing the hell out of the place at the time) out fishing. Our 'life jackets' was a string of rope under his rowing seat. One end tied around my middle, the other around Pete's. Don't worry, both were quick slip knots if things got interesting.

Rope actually had two functions, the first 'obvious.' Second one was I/he hooked a fish (King Salmon) it held our 65-80 butts in the rowboat.