View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 08:03 PM

racine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Redfishing, a little help?

Most of us, in our small club, who fish the marsh have opted to go with stable canoes or kayaks. Our twisted leader stands from his kayak but not me. I got a Native Ultimate 14.5 that's very stable even when it's blowing 10-15 knots. I did not bother with a weight anchor but used a poling staff through a trolley pulley system on the side. My canoe is stable enough to double haul standing and I never needed to cast to visible fish more than 50-60' away. Most of my casts where under 40'.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

You need to research a good guide carefully. I made the mistake of taking a guides word that he guided fly fishermen only to have him discourage me from using a fly rod as we arrived. My next guiding experience was equally futile hampered by higher winds and murky water. If you want to fish SE LA I can recommend a very good guide. Best to be guided once then go at it on your own next hopefully with fellow salties to help. HTH.