View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: acceptable distance for 9' 5 wt.

John: I wouldn't worry too much about the distance, with your practice and getting that kind of accuracy is way more important for actual fishing conditions that you will encounter. Most of the fishing you do will be in that 35-40 ft and under anyway. You didn't mention what kind of rod you have, with my Sage One, I can reach out to 60 ft no problem, but the accuracy drops way off at that distance, at least for me. I don't normally fish beyond 40 ft anyway so I don't worry too much about it. If you're obsessed with bombing casts way out there, then take a look on YouTube and learn to double haul.