View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 02:45 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of
Default Quick E Sierra report

If you like still water fishing, now is the time in the E Sierra. Last week my pal, Mike Thomas and I fished Virginia Lakes, North Lake, Rock Creek Lake and a couple to remain unnamed...the fish are ravenous and up near the surface.

Most fish were caught towing or stripping a streamer tipped with a soft hackle or small nymph. While there were occasional risers, we really never found a surface bite.

I don't count fish, but fishing was solid everywhere and I'd guess the slowest was about 4 fish/hour one afternoon at Rock Creek Lake. North Lake was just nuts...I DID count 7 casts in a row there that put fish in the net and another streak of 5 in a row...and it was like that for 4 hours solid before we headed for home...

A week of sitting in my tube catching fish almost non-stop. It was awesome!

Sorry for no pics...just didn't bother this time. -Mike