View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 02:45 PM

mikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant future
Default Quick E Sierra report

If you like still water fishing, now is the time in the E Sierra. Last week my pal, Mike Thomas and I fished Virginia Lakes, North Lake, Rock Creek Lake and a couple to remain unnamed...the fish are ravenous and up near the surface.

Most fish were caught towing or stripping a streamer tipped with a soft hackle or small nymph. While there were occasional risers, we really never found a surface bite.

I don't count fish, but fishing was solid everywhere and I'd guess the slowest was about 4 fish/hour one afternoon at Rock Creek Lake. North Lake was just nuts...I DID count 7 casts in a row there that put fish in the net and another streak of 5 in a row...and it was like that for 4 hours solid before we headed for home...

A week of sitting in my tube catching fish almost non-stop. It was awesome!

Sorry for no pics...just didn't bother this time. -Mike