Thread: Hatch Reels
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 05:08 PM

sweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hatch Reels

And more about these Hatch reels; they are totally solid, vibration and shake free. No parts to loose, nothing to lubricate and no surfaces to get errant coils of line caught up on. Great feel, sound, perfect spool width to depth ratio and just a pleasure to fish. I have an early 5+ on a Sage Z-Axis for big river trout fishing and a 7+ mated to a Scott S4s #8 for bonefishing. Forget the trout outfit where the 5+'s smoothness and consistent fine tuneability are paramount, I have never cranked the 7+ drag to anything approaching dead stop max and I like to put the screws to bones to bring them in green so they have something left in the tank to out swim the sharks upon release.

I have not used a Hatch in a big size for little tuna or tarpon but would like to and they might be overkill on a 3-weight. In the middle sizes that I own there are very few other reels that equal their quality of design and performance.