View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 02:49 PM

noreaster is a name known to allnoreaster is a name known to allnoreaster is a name known to allnoreaster is a name known to allnoreaster is a name known to allnoreaster is a name known to all
Default Pulled the trigger on Allen's Myth 'Deal of the Week'

Been wanting a 3 wt. for a while now, so I jumped all over Allen's deal of the week. The 3 weight 6'6" Myth. At nearly half price ($149.99) I couldn't resist. If I don't like it then heck I'm only out about what I paid for my wife's beginner Wally world combo.

I don't have many fly rods to chose from locally, and even fewer 3 wt.'s. Now that I think of it doubt there are any 3 wt.'s here at all on the local market, unless I wanted to wait for an order at regular price. I have done the deed; buying without trying. I have a feeling I will like it or learn to love it.

Myth Rod Series - 6'6" 3wt - Allen Fly Fishing Store

Looks like a nice kit. Did I do ok? Anyone have one? Any reviews or thoughts on the 3 wt. 6' 6" Myth? From what I've read Allen seems like a solid company and maker of quality rods and reels. Had never heard of them prior to joining this forum.

Thanks
phil

Last edited by noreaster; 10-06-2012 at 07:03 AM.