View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 10:02 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: An Ethics Question

I guess I've never even considered carrying any sort of pruning implement to aid my fishing. hmmm...maybe a new feature for a new fishing pack, "the pruning shear sheath."

But apparently many people do consider it, so I'm glad you posted this poll Milt.

If it came to removing structure to make a drift easier - no way! I mean wtf is that? That is fishing, my friends. When structure is such that I can't get to where I want to...well, I lose and walk away. What about all those nasty cross currents and the eddy that doesn't allow me to the drift I "need" to get my fly somewhere? Should I bring in a shovel brigade? A backhoe?

This is fishing! You find a way to get your fly where you want it and if you can't then you move on. You do not alter the wild scape of the land to suit your greedy desire.

As far as clearing trail...I don't do that either, but I find it only mildly less offensive.