View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 11:07 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An Ethics Question

A different situation, but related.
This time of year, I have little brook trout in the tributary stream that flows through the woods behind my house.
They're not year-long residents, but move up into the skinny water in the fall to spawn.
I was out back picking mushrooms the other day when I noticed that there were lots of them this year. More than I've ever seen before in more than 20 years. We've had plenty of rain lately so I guess that made passage easier for the 1/4 mile swim up from the main stream.
Anyway, it got me thinking that I haven't gone through and cleared out the obstructions in a few years. In the past I've made a point to keep the passage clear of major dead fall dams so that the little guys (and gals ) can make it to their spawning areas.
This is more of a stream improvement and is not at all meant to make it easier to fish...... I've never fished for my little buddies there and don't intend to.
Still, spending some time clearing deadfalls (and improving the flow) is not always a bad thing