View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 12:25 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Action and Lengths Best For Beginners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreaster View Post
1) Not sure on her preferred action. She really isn't sure herself as she has only used her Wally world combo. Which was very slow and mushy. She did remarkably well at times though.
Have her try out one of your rods.

Quote:
2) She will be fishing small rivers and small ponds for pan sized, up to a pound or two trout. Not fast waters, but slower dead waters. Could be more wind and brush obstacles than many are used to.
I'm thinking around 8.0' to 8.5' 4 weight depending on how much brush you need to deal with.

Quote:
3) Payloads would be simple traditional wet and dry flies around size 10 up to 16, mostly 14's I' say.
I wasn't sure if she might need a creek specific rod. If that's the case, you may want her to consider something as light as a 7.5' 3 weight with a medium to medium fast action. With her payloads being so light, she may not need a heavier rod.

Dennis