View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 10:59 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tight, strong loops that catch the fly back on the line?

"The last improvement I see I need is to get my take off angle up. Some of the good sequences I did resulted in shooting the loop right in to the ground. I need to release that above the horizon to get the line to unfold all the way before it hits the water."

Same thing applies to casting with a 2hander. I tell folks to pick out the tallest tree across the river and stop the rod tip (forward cast) with it aimed 'over the top.' Leave your rod tip 'up there' until almost the end of the cast before you lower same.

The reason for this is the rear part of the line isn't moving so gravity grabs it first ........