View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 08:29 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: Still a long ways off but getting closer everyday

Brian, its fairly easy to source the guides,seats, and ferrules. There are a hanful of shops that carry all of the above. I won't be using Agate guides though I prefer the classic Mildrum style, I think the cane alone is beautiful enough and adding too much "jewelry" takes away from the somewhat organic aspect of it all.
Its funny you mention the modern glues, I learned today that another popular glue has been discontinued (allthough still readily available and will be for atleast a while) and a formerly discontinued type has been brought back by a different company.
Today I got to watch a master glue up two rods and got to do one myself, my own rod will be done this week but I glued and bound the rod I'm making with my teacher. This step is a lot trickier than I expected, fortunately the glue I chose to use on my rod has a much longer pot life so there's less chance of a sticky situation. Oooh bad pun!