View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:48 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Looking for a fellow fly fishing bud

Ard, I'm in the southwest end of the state, but Danville IS within reach. The really sad part is there is hardly anyone here that fly fishes. Maybe one of the reasons is that 'most' of our trout is stockers and people just say 'I can do that with anything.' I dunno. And if you wade to work the currents, you really get some angry eyes from the bank fishermen with rods proped out waiting for a 'bite' A time or two when I've been questioned was to why I'd fish with a fly rod and have to wade,,,I just say 'I just never got the hang of them spinning reels ' And folks only use waders there to cross the creek. If wasn't for that, hardly anyone would need them. You'd be surprised at how little some of the bank fishermen know about reading a section of stream and knowing were the good trout are laying. They just 'cast in' all over. I just can't fish the way they do. 'Catching' just isn't all there is in it for me.