View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: walleye fly fishing.

You don't need to walk very far out in it. I don't go more than 12 or 15 feet and I'm casting straight across. If you do any down river angle to it you need even less. In fact I can cast down river at a 45 and do it without getting my feet wet. I pretty much don't ever do the 45 thing because I want as far out in the river as I can get. If you do like I do and count the fly down before you start to strip, you loose to much of the 'out' before it gets down. You don't need to get deep either. You just need a little water for your anchor. If you are leery of it you can always use a wading staff. I am going to this Fall. You have a lot more mud there than we do here so I would assume it is less of a slip and fall hazzard than here is. Another thing you can do if you want is to wear a CO2 inflatable life vest. They have those suspender type that are pretty out of the way.