View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 07:56 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Top 3 For Bettering Your Cast

Good tips. I especially like number 3. It's an aspect of the cast I never really considered much. weight distibution as deeply as you've gone into. Now I can't wait until the sun comes tomorrow and play around with weight distribution. Wouldn't this also possibly help with balance issues I have?
If I may be kind of rude here, the timing of casts is not a strict numbered count even though a simple count was used in A River Runs Through It.
The pause varies with the amount of line being carried. Short line, short pause. Long line, long pause. Let watching the unrolling loop dictate when you stroke in the opposite direction and you'll avoid 'cracking the whip' or a very weak cast by casting against a slack line.