View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 09:03 AM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: What have you been tying today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbblom View Post
@avs:
I'm sure someone would pay that much. It would cost them $600 at a fly shop... Although not sure I would give up the time spent, unless you are really fast at tying.

Great looking tailwater box! looks like purple has been good to you, and glad to see some 'winter warriors' in there too. I'm curious to see how they do on the Blue, but I know they work on the front range. The rubber leg CJ's should be killer as well.

@s. fontinalis
Who would have guessed something called a 'sparkle maggot' could be so pretty?! Can't wait to have one! My swap flies will ship this afternoon.
Not a fast tier at all just usually spend an hour in the evening tying up a doz or so. As far as the purple, yes I tied that purple with gold ribbed variation of the poison tung a while back. First time out I landed almost 20 fish in a few hour period so I grew fond of it real quick. For some reason I have good luck with the blue / purple colorations. I guy I fish with who ties alot always says blue is the new olive