View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 04:26 PM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Top 3 For Bettering Your Cast

Chuckfluffer, first this is for beginners and beginners will often attempt to cast by sheer force. There is certainly some force needed by the caster, but "extra force" applied will not make a cast any better, until they learn how the rod works.

I don't know the stats on how much force is actually needed to cast, but my point here is that most beginners will attempt to overpower the cast instead of letting the rod do it's work. Overpowering can sometimes work with conventional tackle, and if a beginning fly caster has been casting such tackle, often they will have the same mindset.

I've seen Lefty Kreh cast an entire fly line with just the tip section of a 2 piece rod. Lefty is certainly not a beginner, but his demonstration proves very well that extra force is not needed.

Edit: Since I posted this, I've been told who you are! I'm not arguing with you, just attempting to clarify what I meant & why I tell beginners what I stated! I hope I've done that.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!