View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 09:58 AM

thewalker1013 has a spectacular aura aboutthewalker1013 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Tips For Buying Used Rods;

Great post... I've bought two used rods on eBay in the last year and got both for about $100 less than I should have. This post gives me good insight as to the "why" behind my savings. I did not realize certain parts of what was causing me to get such good deals (although I will say that patiently watching for months helps a great deals with savings as well... I waited for six months to find that Z at the price I was willing to pay, and the guy had a buy it now option so after some quick inquiries, I bit within the first day it was listed)

One rod, a Sage 599, had been a little beaten up on the blank (which was fine by me, I planned on it getting a little beaten up by heavy nymphs, weight, etc.). The other, a z axis which I got in great shape for about $315, was missing the original sock and tube (apparently they got left on a riverside never to be seen again). I decided that I wanted it badly enough for my everyday rod that I didn't need those, though I might just pony up and have Sage send me a tube one of these days.

I've been doing the eBay thing for about as long as its been popular, but only in the last year did I begin to get fly gear this way. If I have anyone who asks me about fly gear on eBay, I'll direct them here!