View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 08:17 AM

angelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the rough
Default I Can't catch a stocked trout

Stocking was on Oct 16th it's been 5-days now. I don't know what to use, no one the pond are catching any but early in the morning you see than rising and all throughout the day you see some rising. In the 5-days only one person caught a trout using power bait. Some other people that are fly fishing for them are having no luck, I heard that they gave them enough food before the drop off. A day before the stocking I tied some Black wolley buggers with some extra flash, and I got one to chase it on the 3rd day after that nothing. I have tried so far, Olive wolley buggers, Black wolley buggers, Pheasant tail nymph, Mosquito, Gnat, Slate drake (wet), Wolley worm, ant, flying ant, Olive wolley buggers with gold bead head, black wolley bugger with gold bean head, Bumble bee, inch worm, Red san juan worm, brassie, even a all white clouser minnows, look's like they are chasing minnow that are in the pond. I don't know what else to try. Oh the water is a little warmer than usual. Any Tips/Ideas?