View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 08:55 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I Can't catch a stocked trout

I don't have the opportunity to fish stocked trout so take my advice for what it is. If the fish are coming to the top, I would try an ant or beetle pattern. If you tie then ants and beetles are really easy to tie up and give them a try. For the past month I have been having really good luck using a size 12 or 14 parachute adams with a size 16 beetle dropper or a size 16 ant dropper. I'm using the parachute adams mainly as an indicator so I have an idea where the beetle or ant is located, but I'm finding that about 50% of the hits are on the parachute adams. The fish could be eating midges, in that case try a Griffith's Gnat pattern in a size 18.

Larry

Larry