View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 09:02 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I Can't catch a stocked trout

Hatchery trout are conditioned to respond to hundreds of feed pellets hitting the water at once... not just one.
When I ran the state pay-to-fish ponds here in CT, I'd sometimes help young fly fishers by "chumming" for them. I'd throw out a handful of trout food and have them cast into the center. It never mattered what fly.

I don't recommend this as it's not at all sporting, but if you wanted to simulate this, you could try throwing out a handful of sand and see what happens.